It is my pleasure to inform you that ESTRO is very pleased with the success of the previous 3 teaching courses carried out in Cairo:“Evidence-Based Radiation Oncology: Methodological basis and clinical application”, “Modern Brachytherapy Techniques” and “ From 2D to 3D Radiotherapy” locally organized by my colleague Prof. Mahmoud El Gantiry. They appreciated the enthusiasm of the attendees and the well organized meetings. They asked me to organize the 4rd ESTRO teaching course in Cairo “‘lMAGING AND TARGET VOLUME DETERMINATION IN RADIOTHERAPY”. I was keen to choose this course due to the importance of its content to all clinical oncologists, medical physicists and radiation therapy technologists; junior and senior alike. With the new equipment installed in most radiotherapy centers and the need for application of the modern radiotherapy techniques; it is the proper time for such course. The main aim of the course:
- To understand the need for TVD and planning nomenclatures for primary tumour, nodal regions and organs-at-risk in treatment planning and for treatment strategies such as IMRT and image guidance (IGRT)
- To appreciate the limitations of current imaging modalities for TVD and review ‘state-of-the art’ imaging modalities for TVD
- To explore the use of functional and molecular imaging in TVD for biological targets.
- To review the diagnostic imaging and therapy interface for image registration and verification as well as margin determination
- To promote interdisciplinary discussion between oncologists, physicists and technologists in small workgroups for GTV, CTV, PTV determination in selected tumour sites (e.g. CNS, H&N, thoracic and pelvis)
- These workshops will involve practical exercises with compulsory homework by all attendees and pre-course submission of homework via internet
I’m pleased to announce that this meeting will be held in Children’s Cancer Hospital, Egypt from October 16-20, 2011.
Due to the importance of the topic there will be limited number of participants and we advise early registration.
We succeeded to have a special reduced rate to non sponsored participants working in the Middle East and the Larger Middle East. It is less than one half of the full fees. Your early registration is strongly recommended to enjoy this reduced fee.
Do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.
We look forward to see you all in this interesting meeting.
Mohamed S. Zaghloul
The Local organizer of ESTRO Course – Cairo
Professor of Radiation Oncology
National Cancer Institute – Cairo University
& Chairman, Children’s Cancer Hospital, Egypt
1 Sekket El Emmam, El Sayeda Zainab
Cellular Tel: +2-0101720664.